Financial Literacy Center
The broad objective of the FLCs is to provide free financial literacy/education and credit counseling.
The specific objectives of the FLCs would be:
- To provide financial counseling services through face-to-face interaction as well as through other available media.
- Education on responsible borrowing ,
- Proactive and early savings,
- Offering debt counseling to individuals who are indebted to formal / informal financial sectors;
- To educate the people in rural and urban areas with regard to various financial products and services available from the formal financial sector.
- To make the people aware of the advantages of being connected with the formal financial sector.
- To formulate debt restructuring plans for borrowers in distress.
- To take up any such activity that promotes financial literacy, awareness of the banking services, financial planning and amelioration of debt-related distress of an individual.
- To make people aware of the social security schemes available and help them to utilize the benefits of the schemes like pension, health insurance etc.,